Saturday, October 4, 2008

Exploits of Ninja and Child - #8 - Recess

Daddy, why are you going to work today, it's Saturday?

Well, little baby girl, I've got deadlines and I need to get some things done at the office. Times are tough and I need to work extra hard to make sure my job will still exist in the coming months.

Daddy, what would you do if you lost your job because of the economic recession?

Well, since I wouldn't have to go to work, I would just stay home and hang out with you and mom everyday. Of course, we wouldn't have any money to do things.

But daddy, we've got year long passes to the Zoo and the Science Center and the Aquarium and there are so many other things to do that are free like singing and dancing and listing to music and smelling the spices in the kitchen and walking around the city to hear the things that are there and you can write and play your accordion and we can walk around Greenlake and laugh and play.

That's true; we could keep pretty well occupied. But eventually, we wouldn't be able to pay our mortgage.

Daddy, I hope the economy crashes just for a year.

Me too, sweet pea, me too.

2 comments:

Captain Dumbass said...

That's funny because that is exactly what I'm doing this year AND it is in part due to the greedy overlords of my former employer getting their hands bloody in your mortgage market. Bastards. On the bright side, I get to practice my accordion and smell spices.

FilmFather said...

Just wanted to let you know that this post made me smile. I have nothing wittier to say at the moment. Thanks.