Sunday, September 14, 2008

100 Word Challenge: Twist

Hear this! I solemnly swear,
with this pen, I speak the truth.
Listen closely, if you dare.
I've retained forbidden youth.

This pen, you see, brings misery
and laughter, life and death.
But it leaks its ink right into me
and brings me living breath.

On this pen I have depended
for years, centuries even.
Long ago, life would have ended
no deity to believe in.

Indeed, this small device
is elegant engineering.
With no intent on playing dice,
men are nature fearing.

This pen is mighty, more than sword.
It's only flaw: perfection.
I hold it closely, bring it toward
my face for close inspection.

Within my fist,
wound and tightly bound.
A simple, subtle twist
and it snaps without a sound.

4 comments:

Mr Lady said...

You're so totally better at the 100 words than me. Damn your Ninja skilz.

Patsy said...

The power of the pen --- well done in my humble opinion.

steenky bee said...

Brilliant. So true.

VV said...

Dude, do you think you could tone it down a bit? I have to be able to pick OTHER favorites.