Sunday, August 31, 2008

100 Word Challenge: Evolution


I dream of fish scales, wrapped around my torso like a corset, extending large dragon wings out my back. A tree is growing out from my scull, squirrels and birds living in my thoughts. This is the next phase in the growing evolution of human potential.

Being the base of a tree is hard on the back, so the roots must grow into the spine. From the bottom, a tail protrudes, fashioned from rootstock and bone. My feet are no longer flesh. They have become frames for little wheels, greased and ready to carry me wherever my dreams may wander.

4 comments:

Patsy said...

Finally one of yours that I get. I always read what you've written, but don't comment because I'm never really sure what you have said therefore don't respond. This I can accept on my level, which I fear is far below you. :)

steenky bee said...

My three word challenge to you: Kind of awesome, dude. Oops. The fourth word kind of slipped out.

SECRET AGENT MAMA said...

I love your 100 Words!!

-Secret Agent Mama

MRMacrum said...

Boundless optimism. I like that. Especially in a Ninja.