Friday, August 8, 2008

100 Word Challenge: Pillar

Shooting from column to row, clad in the absence of light, I leap and crawl through the fortress of the Infinite. The reason is a mystery even to me. But I must continue down the never ending corridor of pillars, further into the darkness. The only indication of progress is the decaying light from whence I came. Soon, every direction looks the same and soon, like the light vanishing behind the vast colonnade, my mind becomes dark and uncertain. Now, in a moment of vertigo, I know my purpose. Squatting in utter darkness, lacking direction, I meditate in peace.

4 comments:

steenky bee said...

This totally sound like you were creeping around in my son's playroom in our basement. Ha! And to think I thought it was just one of our cats. You're kind of awesome.

Unknown said...

I live in an awesome fortress full of monkey rings. They hang from the ceilings at different lengths so I can use all of my limbs to climb and swing through them. It's awesome.

Mr Lady said...

How can I compete with you stealthy 100 words, ninja style? My obscure biblical references are no match for your skilz of a ninja.

VV said...

Dude! This is awesomeness. Not just this post, but the whole derned blog.

Glad you found me because I didn't know you existed and I'm much happier for it.